You are now free to level up your life! RIGHT NOW.
Today, right now, my first ever book, Level Up Your Life, is available online and in bookstores throughout the United States. Like, right now.
While you’re reading this, I’m probably running through New York City bookstores (skipping and giggling like a five-year old schoolgirl) and signing as many copies as I can. I might also be crying because this is really surreal. You can follow the adventure over on my instagram.
If you’ve been a reader of Nerd Fitness in the past, I’m just going to come right out and say it: BUY THIS BOOK. I’ve dedicated the majority of my last two years to writing this for you! I’m so excited to be able to share a physical guide to leveling up your life that can sit on your bookshelf (or kindle) for you refer back to as you begin to make changes and move forward.
You will be impressed with the quality and content of the book, I promise. I was blown away when I opened the first copy from the publisher.
Now, if you’re new to Nerd Fitness, I want to explain why today is such a big day, and why this book is going to help you do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Eight years ago I walked into a bookstore during my lunch break on miserable day at my day job, and purchased a book that altered the path for my life (Thanks Tim Ferriss!).
Now it’s my turn to pass along that feeling. I wrote this book to be that same “call to action” to spark change in your life.
6 Reasons You’ll Love Level Up Your Life
1) This is a strategy guide not just for health, but for life. All my friends thought I was crazy when I told them I was writing a book and it wasn’t a traditional health and fitness book. That book didn’t excite me – I wanted to write something that I wish I had all those years ago when I was trying to figure out how to play this game we call life. I’m so freaking proud of this book, and busted my ass to create the best framework for leveling up that I could. If you’re somebody who wants to finally start crossing goals off your list and live a fulfilling life you can be proud of, this book gives you that blueprint.
2) It teaches you how to be adventurous. We humans (and even the self-aware robots out there) love adventure. It’s why we get lost in epic games, books, and movies: because they let us live vicariously through our favorite characters. I used to escape in those books and games when life sucked, and through a lot of trial and error I learned how to start living vicariously through myself. It resulted in me visiting 20+ countries, crossing off dozens of things from my list, and getting in the best shape of my life. If you’ve ever wanted to try a new hobby, travel, or kickstart a new part of your life, this is for you.
3) You learn how to become a superhero. I get it! You have daily responsibilities. Whether it’s going to your day job or picking up your kids from school or taking care of a relative, we all have things we HAVE to do every day. You know who else had daily responsibilities? Our favorite heroes! Superman was a mild-mannered reporter. Indiana Jones was an Archaeology professor. Buffy the vampire slayer was a Sunnydale High School cheerleader! You can have an alter-ego too, and this book shows you how to live like a normal human being AND do awesome things.
4) No matter your age, income, gender, or life stage, there is something in this for you. Throughout the book, I share stories from members of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion who have learned to live healthier, happier, more adventurous lives. These are men and women, young and old, retired or gainfully employed or unemployed, divorced or single or married with children, who have found ways to level up their lives. From a single dad and construction manager who’s gamified his martial arts training to include his son, to a married mother of three who became a bodybuilding competitor – there’s something for everybody.
5) It teaches you how to stop procrastinating. We all say things like “I’d love to travel” or “Some day I’m going to learn a language” or “I wanna run a 5k” and we never do those things. This book systematically destroys every excuse, roadblock, and obstacle you have so you can finally start getting the things done you’ve said you’ve always wanted to do. Of course, this is all done by drawing inspiration and motivation from our favorite stories, characters, and heroes.
6) It gets results. When I set out to write this book, I wanted to prove that the concepts in it will work for anything, not just getting more fit. So, I actually learned to play the fiddle using the step-by-step strategies in the book, while writing it! I also volunteered weekly at a children’s hospital, traveled to 10+ states and multiple countries, and packed on roughly 20 pounds of muscle since I began writing it! I’m not saying these things to impress you, but rather to show you what’s possible when you put the right systems in place in your life. In addition to my story, our community has shown that this blueprint works: hundreds of Rebels have already transformed their lives.
How You Can Help
This is a massive week for the NF Rebellion, and I’m looking for all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!
If you haven’t already pre-ordered the book, I would be honored if you headed over to your local bookstore or went to Amazon and picked one up! This would officially place you in my hall of heroes. Kind of a big deal
Other than purchasing the book, there are a few key ways you can spread the word about Level Up Your Life:
1) Share the book on your social networks! It could be a Tweet or a Facebook post:
Post on Twitter! Level up your life today! Turn your life into a giant game and complete your first quest today: http://ow.ly/WVJ4h
Facebook: I’m leveling up my life with Steve Kamb’s new book, Level Up Your Life. Care to join me? http://ow.ly/WVJ4h
2) Review it on Amazon.com and Goodreads – Good or bad, once you read the book it would mean A LOT to me if you would review the book on Amazon. For those who aren’t familiar with Nerd Fitness or the book, reviews play a huge part in determining how well the book can do outside of this community. If you read the book and determine it’s worthy of your time to write a review, I would be honored!
3) Share a photo of you with your book on Instagram with the hashtag #LevelUpYourLife. The more adventurous your photo, the better. And remember, everybody sees adventure differently!
4) Say hey on Reddit! Today from Noon-1 pm EST, I’ll be hosting an “Ask Me Anything” talking about how I went from risk-averse desk jockey to world-traveling, music-playing, powerlifting, adventurous nerd. Come ask me anything you want. Anything. Yes, even that.
5) Join me on tour! Events are FREE and we’re hitting up 6 major cities in the next 12 days – New York, Austin, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Atlanta. I can’t wait to meet and complete adventures with members of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion. I hope you see you at one of the stops!
You Made This Possible. Thank You.
I came up with the concept for Nerd Fitness 8 years ago because I wanted to help people live better lives.
It’s been a lot of long nights, early mornings, and crazy adventures, and I couldn’t be more thankful for the opportunity to wake up every day and work on projects I love and be part of this crazy awesome community
I love you guys. This book is something I’ve poured my life into for the past two years and has been a dream of mine ever since I started the site.
I can’t wait for you to read it, and I truly hope it helps you move down a path that brings you growth, happiness, health, and adventure. Thank you for being a part of this community and thanks for being so damn supportive. Today is a really big day for the Rebellion – it’s our first big strike back against the Empire. Watch out conventional wisdom!
I want to quickly thank my mom, dad, and gramma. They couldn’t have been more supportive of my decision to start this site or quit my day job to take a chance on NF, even though it was risky as hell. They’ve been my biggest and loudest fans since day one, and I know this is a pretty special moment for them too.
So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you for reading Nerd Fitness, thank you for putting our words into action, and thank you for spreading the word. We’re just getting started as a community, and we couldn’t do this without you.
Let’s take over the freakin’ world!
from Nerd Fitness » Blog http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2016/01/12/level-up-your-life-is-now-available-heres-why-you-need-to-buy-it/